As a rapidly growing company, we’re looking for a proactive and a strategically-thinking Business Developer (m/f/d) who would like to grow professionally and personally in a fast moving and a constantly developing environment.
As a Business Developer you will implement and coordinate Ribbon Biolabs’ business plan, rolling out tactics to expand and conquer new markets.
Your roles and responsibilities at Ribbon Biolabs:
- Cooperate with executives and team members on the competitive analysis of synthetic biology product solutions and evaluate the market opportunities
- Collaborate with Ribbon Biolabs decision-makers to determine business strategies, approaches and roadmap to expand synthetic biology business globally
- Perform market research, collect, and analyze financial data to establish and present compelling business cases for internal stakeholders. Cooperate with marketing team on the creation of sales tools and marketing materials to be used for prospective customers
- Collaborate with the business team to develop a business plan for sustained revenue growth and product and service portfolios
- Collaborate with other teams in the company to maximize opportunities from perspective and current customers
- Manage customer relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions
- Serve as primary lead to solicit and pitch synthetic biology competencies and offerings to strategically important potential new customers and collaborators
- Manage evaluation pilot projects and develop case studies, build key opinion leaders (KOLs) network
- Build a strong network of industry and sector partners and manage successful customer relationships
- Monitor and report progress towards achieving objectives (specification wins, upscale product sales)
Your background, experience and skills:
- MSc degree in biology, molecular biology, genomics, bioinformatics, synthetic biology or equivalent majors. Advanced degrees preferred. Additional degree in Economics is as of advantage
- At least 3-5 years as a business development manager
- 3 (three) to 5 (five) years of commercial experience in sales, business development, marketing, product management in the biopharmaceutical industry preferred
- Working knowledge of a gene assembly, next-generation sequencing (NGS), gene editing or alike
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Outstanding relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills
- Results orientated, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Flexibility to travel (within EU)
- Fluent German and English is required
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the new, evolving synthetic biology market
- Join a highly motivated team, including team activities
- International and friendly atmosphere
- Company-supported professional development through training and workshops
- Flexible working hours and partly remote working possibilities
- Relocation support if necessary
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Salary compensation will be adjusted according to your skills and experience
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week)
Location: Ribbon Biolabs HQ, 1110 Vienna
Employment is permanent
How to apply:
Applicants should provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application and curriculum vitae.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to setting up a working environment with mutual respect for everyone regardless of their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company we highly encourage women to apply.
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is looking forward to your application!