We are a company with ambitious growth plans, currently seeking to expand our team with an experienced Head of DNA Synthesis (m/f/d) responsible for all operational procedures from receiving supplies to product distribution to our customers. Our DNA synthesis platform is a uniquely designed automated system with capabilities of assembling DNA molecules and we seek to fill this position to transition to a commercial stage. This role will crucially contribute to Ribbon Biolabs’ commercial success.
Your everyday challenge in Ribbon Biolabs will be:
- Effectively implement processes and procedures to enable a high-quality production, packaging and distribution service of our DNA products
- Design scheduling and plans for ramping-up the production based on our existing automated DNA assembly systems
- Manage and supervise production personnel in coordination with internal teams, suppliers and customers to ensure integrity and efficiency of production operations
- Spearhead development and implementation of innovative manufacturing processes and schedules to ensure sustainable efficiency and success of production activities
- Develop, activate and track high quality standards and associated KPIs for successful production operations, including manufacturing, supply chain, and distribution
- Liaise with the Head of QM throughout implementation of production processes to ensure alignment with quality procedures and standards
- Liaise with the Head of QM to design and implement up and downstream processes required for the seamless and reliable production of DNA
- Jointly with the Facility Manager ensure functioning production site operations, including infrastructure and CapEx maintenance, repairs, supply chain and logistics
- Take ownership in manufacturing policies, guidelines and associated documentation
- Lead operational excellence for production in Vienna, in line with strategic goals, organisational culture and values towards commercial success milestones
- Manage budgets and cost optimization activities in alignment with the Management
- Manage and ensure Health & Safety at the production site workplace
- Report to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
This will make you a perfect fit for our team:
- Successfully completed studies with economic-technical focus, e.g., in industrial – or mechanical engineering, business administration or similar.
- Proven management experience and background in managing integrated, automated production facilities, ideally in a biotech, pharma, or chemical environment
- Strong communication skills combined with leadership and conflict management skills
- Independent, reliable, conscientious, and solution-oriented working style
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Creativity and the ability to develop a flexible approach to dynamic conditions
- Ability to work efficiently with an interdisciplinary team
- Full fluency in written and spoken English
You impress us even more if you have:
- Expertise in translating business processes into technical workflows requirements
- Track record of responsibility in Supply Chain and S&OP process planning
- Business fluency in written and spoken German
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian Law
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the growing synthetic biology market
- Professional development support, trainings, workshops, conference attendance
- Flexible working hours and partly remote working possibilities
- Highly motivated team, including team activities
- International and friendly atmosphere
- Relocation support if necessary
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 63.500, – to EUR 65.000, – gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in our HQ, 1110 Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please use the application form below. Besides your CV, please provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, and a list of three references. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.