As a startup company with ambitious growth plans and an immediate go-to-market focus, we are currently seeking to expand our team with a motivated and talented Head of Quality Management (f/m/d) to support our teams with the establishment and introduction of processes and procedures for Quality Management in all daily workflow related to Customer Business, including production.
Ribbon Biolabs is a young biotech company with locations in Vienna and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna), developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
Your everyday challenge in Ribbon Biolabs will be:
- Establish Quality Management strategy, objectives and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs), costs, resources, all operational initiatives, etc.
- Lead completion and customization of Customer Business process design and standardization of key procedures in Ribbon Biolabs’ production workflows
- Initiate and drive the selection of a Quality Management framework, including tools and required resources
- Develop and drive the implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS/eQMS) and ensure technical operations are aligned with QMS
- Design and setup CAPAs (Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions)
- Develop, review and implement budgets associated to Quality Management
- Assess needs and implement any training programs for direct reports and key associates necessary to meet Quality-related standards and goals
- Provide overall accountability for laboratory safety, including compliance and training of all relevant individuals
- Report to the CTO
You are a perfect fit for our team if you have:
- At least M.Sc. in a scientific or engineering discipline or related field, ideally with a proven specialization or equivalent working experience in Quality Management (QM)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Quality Management Operations
- Experience in QC/Quality standards and procedures in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of biotech/pharma markets, customer needs and competitive landscape
You impress us even more if you have:
- Knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures (incl. SOPs)
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) incl. eQMS
- Experience with document management and ERP systems is preferred
- Experience with Project Management tools
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and groups (e.g., regulatory authorities and administrative bodies)
- Ability to think strategically and recognize new opportunities
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Knowledge of German and English, fluent and written
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the new synthetic biology market
- Company-supported professional development through training and workshops
- Flexible working hours and partly remote working possibilities
- Join a highly motivated team, including team activities
- International and friendly atmosphere
- Ticket for shuttle bus between Vienna and Klosterneuburg if required
- Relocation support, if necessary
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 47.500,- to EUR 50.000,- gross per year. However, the actual salary will be adjusted according to your skills and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible and within Q4 2022 latest.
How to apply:
Please use the application form below. Besides your CV, you should provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application and a list of three references. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep gender balance in the company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.