You like new challenges, want to proactively contribute to effective laboratory automation processes and enjoy working in an international atmosphere? Keep on reading!
Ribbon Biolabs is an early-stage biotech start-up company with locations in Vienna, Austria and in Klosterneuburg (IST Austria) developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
As the company is continuously growing, currently there is a need for a Laboratory Automation Scientist (m/f/d) to join our highly agile and interdisciplinary team. The Laboratory Automation Scientist will have the unique opportunity to grow with the company and to live and work in or near the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world.
As a Laboratory Automation Scientist, you will work with other automation scientists and report to the CTO with regards to the establishment, utilization, and maintenance of laboratory automation infrastructure to support our synthetic biology pipeline processes. Thereby, you will contribute to the company’s core technology through robotic automation and associated process miniaturization and parallelization.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Execute on required robotic liquid handling programming tasks in alignment withR&D objectives and priorities to ensure effective automation pipeline operations
- Assist the team in operations and maintenance of all processes associated to laboratory automation, including data processing and instrument maintenance.
- Contribute to advancing establishment, operation and ongoing evolution of robotic infrastructure in support of pipeline automation of synthetic biology workflows, including liquid handling instrumentation and diverse associated equipment.
- Supportautomation operations and general laboratory management and maintenance, including the monitoring and ordering of consumable stock, laboratory equipment maintenance and cleaning, chemical and biological waste disposal according to Safety Procedures and record-keeping, assistance with laboratory emergencies and associated incident records, reporting and problem-solving.
- Support the molecular biology / biochemical platforms and diverse pipeline programs.
- Perform experiments on DNA, including DNA purification, molecular cloning, ligation, amplification (qualitative and quantitative PCR), DNA quantification by gel-electrophoresis / spectrophotometry / fluorescence / capillary-electrophoresis.
- Prepare solutions, reagents and glassware including cleaning and sterilization.
What we expect from you:
- At least Master’s degree level or equivalent experience, with a strong track-record in hands-on wet-lab and robotic automation experience
- Prior experience in the operation of robotic automated liquid handler instrumentation is essential
- Experience and knowledge with the programming of robotic liquid handlers and the processing, management and analysis of associated data is required
- At least 3 years’ experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent
- Organizational skills, accuracy, reliability and precision also under time pressure
- Positive can-do attitude, inclusive mindset and the drive to work towards goals
- Good communication skills and highly proactive co-working culture
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Basic German language is of advantage
Considered an additional plus:
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience in an industry research setting
- Project management training and skills
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Possibility to carry goal-oriented research within an agile team of scientists
- Flexible working hours
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
By Austrian law we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by collective agreement, which is EUR 37.589,44 Euro gross per year (full-time). However, we offer a higher salary adjusted according to your experience and qualifications. The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a.
Job Type: Full time (40h per week). Employment is permanent.
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) and Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please use the form below and provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is looking forward to your application!