Ribbon Biolabs is a young biotech company with locations in Vienna, Austria and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
As the company is continuously growing, currently there is a need to expand the team with a LAT – Laboratory Automation Technician (m/f/d) to join a highly agile and interdisciplinary team.
As LAT, you will work with other automation scientists and report to the CTO with regard to the establishment, utilization, and maintenance of laboratory automation infrastructure to support our synthetic biology pipeline processes. Thereby, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the empowerment of the core technology of the company through robotic automation and associated process miniaturization and parallelization.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the production team in operations and maintenance of all processes associated to laboratory automation of synthetic DNA production and QC according to defined processes and SOPs, including instrument maintenance
- Contribute to advancing establishment, operation and ongoing evolution of robotic lab automation infrastructure in support of automated pipeline workflows, including liquid handling instrumentation and diverse associated equipment and procedures
- Support production line and general laboratory management and maintenance, including monitoring and ordering of consumable stock, laboratory equipment maintenance and cleaning, waste disposal according to Safety Procedures, and record-keeping, assistance with laboratory emergencies, associated incident records, reporting and problem-solving
- Support molecular biology and biochemical platforms and pipeline programs with experiments on DNA using defined molecular biology protocols
- Prepare solutions, reagents and glassware including cleaning and sterilization
What we expect from you:
- At least Bachelor’s degree level in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Three years of prior hands-on experience in wet-lab molecular biology, biochemistry or synthetic biology setting
- Strong interest in lab automation, including programming and operation of robotic liquid handling devices
- Organizational skills, accuracy, reliability and precision during daily work
- Ability to work according to Processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Positive can-do attitude, inclusive mindset, and the drive to work toward company goals
- Good communication skills and a highly proactive co-working culture
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
Considered an additional plus:
- Experience in an industry research setting
- First prior experience in lab automation and robotic liquid handling
- First experience in programming in Python
- Project management training and skills
- Basic German language is of advantage
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Possibility to carry out goal-oriented research within an agile team of scientists
- Opportunity to crucially contribute to the translation of Ribbon’s product towards market entry and operational scale-up
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
By Austrian law we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by the collective agreement, which is EUR 37.600,- to EUR 40.100,- gross per year (full-time). However, we offer a higher salary adjusted according to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40h per week). Employment is permanent.
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) and Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Applicants should provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is looking forward to your application!