Ribbon Biolabs is a young biotech company with locations in Vienna and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
As a company with ambitious growth plans, we are currently seeking to expand our team with a motivated and proactive Lab Technician – Biochemistry (f/m/d) to support our R&D and production team with Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Microfluidics skills.
Your mission as the Lab Technician is to support the team with preparations, assays, experiments, and the application of Standard Operating Procedures by using molecular biology techniques as well as by the basic duties of lab maintenance.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Perform experiments including DNA purification, PCR, ligation, DNA quantification, electrophoresis (capillary, agarose, polyacrylamide), cloning
- Preparation and purification of NGS library
- Experience with diagnostics, handling patients’ samples
- Preparation of solutions, organize plasticware, clean/sterilize glassware
- Taking care of machine maintenance, instrument calibrations, lab maintenance, monitor stocks
- Maintain lab documentation
- Produce, document and analyze data
- Assist R&D and automation platform team members (with reagents, plasticware and experiments)
What we expect from you:
- At least MSc or equivalent with a background in biomedical engineering, biotechnology, molecular biology, chemical biology, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field
- Previous experience as a lab technician, preferably in an industry setting
- Immaculate and thorough laboratory work documentation skills
- Data handling (data production, storage, archiving)
- Fluent use of Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word etc.
- Prior experience with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) keeping
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Self-driven and organized team-worker
- Fast problem-solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and the adaptability to change
- Good communication skills
- Able to work confidently and reliably both unsupervised as well as part of a team
Considered an additional plus:
- Lab management – lab maintenance
- Bacterial cloning
- Experience with working under ISO and GMP-controlled conditions
- Practical experience with automated liquid handling robots
- Procurement (ordering and management of resources stock maintenance)
- Knowledge of the German language
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to crucially contribute to the translation of Ribbon’s product towards market entry and operational scale-up within a young, agile and motivated team
- Flexible working hours
- Support for professional development training and German lessons
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live and work in or near the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Relocation support if necessary
- Ticket for shuttle bus between Vienna and Klosterneuburg if required
- International and friendly team
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by collective agreement, which is Euro 30.200,- to EUR 34.200,- gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications. The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in Klosterneuburg and Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Applicants should provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is looking forward to your application!