To support the evolution of our technology platform, we are seeking to hire an experienced full-stack SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (m/f/d) with a background and proven track record in software development for integrated robotic automation pipelines in a quality-regulated production environment.
You will be responsible for the development of Ribbon Biolab’s software stack focused on automated, scalable DNA synthesis integrating our lab automation suites with our production workflows.
Your Roles & Responsibilities at Ribbon Biolabs:
- Develop Ribbon Biolabs’ software stack related to automated DNA synthesis
- Drive synthesis software backend development to ensure efficient process automation
- Build API environment to drive automation integration and scheduling
- Develop tailored laboratory information management (LIMS) solution
- Liaise with automation tech development team on joint development of synthesis platform
- Deploy computational solutions to support automated DNA synthesis platform
- Maintain of routine in document, quality control and improvement of code and infrastructure
Your background, experience & skills:
- Master (or higher) in computer science, software engineering or related fields
- 5+ years software development experience including proficiency in a major programming language (experience with C# and Python are a plus)
- Prior experience with robotics and/or lab automation
- Experience with the integration of third-party software solutions via web services APIs
- Experience working with software standards and best practices (e.g., version control, code review, unit testing)
- Experience with database server infrastructure and data management
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Proactive self-starter with attention to detail
- Team-player with inclusive mindset and comfort optimum in an international team
- Proven technical leadership skills with strong ability to solve complex problems
Additional strengths considered a plus:
- Background in biological sciences and DNA applications by education or prior work experience
- Familiarity with DNA sequence data, biological ontologies, and biological databases
- Knowledge of automation scheduling software (Momentum, Green Button Go, Cellario, etc)
- Experience with ERP, CRM, QMS, ELN, and LIMS, data warehouse management, control and monitoring systems, including their integration
- Web application front-end development experience
- Comfortable with cross-platform infrastructure, groupware, and teams (MacOS/Windows/Linux)
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the new, evolving synthetic biology field
- Join a highly motivated and agile team
- Flexible working hours and remote working possibilities
- Company-supported professional development through trainings, workshops and conference attendance, including team activities
- Support in German classes if required
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live and work in or near the city of Vienna, which is consistently ranked as the most livable city in the world.
- Relocation support if necessary
By Austrian law we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by collective agreement, which is Euro 53.200 – to 56.000 – gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for our HQ Ribbon Biolabs, 1110 Vienna, Austria
How to apply:
Please use the application form below. Besides your CV, please provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, and a list of three references. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.