To support the evolution of our technology platform, we are seeking to hire an experienced full-stack SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (m/f/d) with a background and proven track record in developing and maintaining software infrastructure in a quality-regulated production environment.
You will be responsible for the development of Ribbon Biolab’s software stack focused on automated, scalable DNA synthesis integrating our lab automation suites with our production workflows.
Your Roles & Responsibilities at Ribbon Biolabs:
- Develop Ribbon Biolabs’ software stack related to automated DNA synthesis
- Build API environment to drive automation integration and scheduling
- Liaise with automation tech development team on joint development of synthesis platform
- Deploy computational solutions to support automated DNA synthesis platform
- Interpret complex algorithmic output and translate it into automated workflow pipelines
- Improve and maintain implementation of DevOps infrastructure
Your background, experience & skills:
- Master’s (or higher) in computer science, software engineering or related fields or 3+ years of experience in software engineering roles
- Proficiency in Python programming, experience with C# a plus
- Experience with the integration of third-party software solutions via web services APIs
- Experience working with software standards and best practices (e.g., version control, code review, unit testing)
- Experience with database server infrastructure and data management, including familiarity with SQL
- Demonstrated expertise in containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and CI/CD workflows
Additional strengths considered a plus:
- Background in biological sciences and DNA applications by education or prior work experience
- Familiarity with DNA sequence data, biological ontologies, and biological databases
- Knowledge of automation scheduling software (e.g. Momentum, Green Button Go, Cellario, etc.)
- Experience with ERP, CRM, QMS, ELN, and LIMS, data warehouse management, control and monitoring systems, including their integration
- Web application front-end development experience, i.e. React, Angular
- Experience working in a diverse, multidisciplinary environment
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the new, evolving synthetic biology field
- Join a highly motivated and agile team
- Flexible working hours and remote working possibilities
- Company-supported professional development through trainings, workshops and conference attendance, including team activities
- Support in German classes if required
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live and work in or near the city of Vienna, which is consistently ranked as the most livable city in the world
- Relocation support if necessary
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 56.000 – to 59.000 – gross per year. However, the salary will be adjusted according to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week)
Location: This role is for our HQ Ribbon Biolabs, 1110 Vienna, Austria with some home office possibilities.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in our Company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Please note that if you are selected to proceed in the hiring process, you will be contacted by us within two weeks from the date of the submission of the application.
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is looking forward to your application!