We are seeking to expand our team with a motivated and proactive Lab Manager (m/f/d) to make sure that operations in our lab run smoothly and efficiently, and our team follows industry standards and safety regulations.
Ribbon Biolabs is a young biotech company with locations in Vienna and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna), developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
Your everyday challenge in Ribbon Biolabs will be:
- Establish, manage, and maintain the lab’s processes, including writing and updating SOP, data management, and scheduling and supervising instrument maintenance routines
- Support the molecular biology/biochemical platforms and diverse pipeline programs
- Ensure laboratory management, procurement and maintenance, including the monitoring and ordering of consumable stock items, laboratory equipment maintenance and cleaning, chemical and biological waste disposal according to Safety Procedures and record-keeping, assistance with laboratory emergencies and associated incident records, reporting and problem-solving
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, budgets, and schedules
- Provide efficient training for the lab technicians
This will make you a perfect fit for our team:
- Previous experience in a comparable lab manager role
- Strong expertise and skills in molecular biology (nucleic acid and protein analytics, purification and associated methods including quality control)
- Hands-on experience with state-of-the art molecular cloning methods and protein biochemistry
- Experience with assay development and validation would be preferred
- Accurate and detailed documentation of results using electronic lab book solutions
- Support scientists with generating reports
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to crucially contribute to the translation of Ribbon’s product towards market entry and operational scale-up within a young, agile and motivated team
- International environment (our current team is of more than 15 nationalities)
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Support for professional development training and German lessons
- Relocation support if necessary
- Ticket for shuttle bus between Vienna and Klosterneuburg if required
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 47.500, – to EUR 50.000, – gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: HQ Ribbon Biolabs, 1110 Vienna, Austria.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please use the application form below. Besides your CV, please provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, and a list of three references. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.