Ribbon Biolabs is a young biotech company with locations in Vienna and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna), developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
Currently, we are seeking to expand our team with a motivated and proactive Lab Technician – Molecular Biology (m/f/d) to support our R&D and production team with molecular biology skills.
Your mission as the Lab Technician is to support the team with preparations, assays, experiments, and the establishment and application of Standard Operating Procedures by using molecular biology techniques as well as by basic duties of lab maintenance.
Your everyday challenge in Ribbon Biolabs will be:
- Performing experiments including DNA purification, PCR, ligation, DNA quantification, electrophoresis (capillary, agarose, polyacrylamide), and bacterial cloning
- Preparation and purification of NGS libraries
- Preparation of solutions, organization and monitoring of consumables and lab ware, clean/sterilize glassware
- Scheduling and taking care of machine maintenance and instrument calibrations
- Lab maintenance and inventory
- Produce and analyze data, including proper documentation
- Assist R&D and automation platform team members (with reagents, plasticware and experiments)
This will make you a perfect fit for our team:
- MSc or equivalent education level with a background in biomedical engineering, biotechnology, molecular biology, chemical biology, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field
- Previous experience as a lab technician, preferably in an industry setting
- Immaculate and thorough laboratory work documentation skills
- Data handling (data production, storage, archiving)
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office: Excel/PowerPoint/Word etc.
- Prior experience with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience handling patients’ samples
- Experience with electronic notebook entry
- Good communication skills
- Able to work confidently and reliably both unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Self-driven and organized team-worker
- Fast problem-solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and the adaptability to change
Additional plus could be:
- Lab management – lab maintenance experience
- Experience with working under ISO and GMP– controlled conditions
- Practical experience with automated liquid handling robots
- Procurement (ordering and management of resources stock maintenance)
- Knowledge of the German language
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to crucially contribute to the translation of Ribbon’s product towards market entry and operational scale-up within a young, agile and motivated team
- International environment (our current team is of more than 15 nationalities)
- Flexible working hours
- Support for professional development training and German lessons
- Relocation support if necessary
- Ticket for shuttle bus between Vienna and Klosterneuburg if required
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 33.000, – to EUR 35.000, – gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in Klosterneuburg (IST Park) and Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Applicants should provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.