We are seeking to expand our team with a motivated and proactive Lab Technician (m/f/d) to support our team with expertise in the field of protein biochemistry/protein purification and molecular biology.
Ribbon Biolabs is a young biotech company with location in Vienna, developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
Your everyday challenge in Ribbon Biolabs will be:
- Performing experiments including cloning, recombinant protein expression, purification, and subsequent characterization
- High-throughput screening of enzyme libraries
- DNA purification, quantification, PCR based methods
- Capillary, agarose, and polyacrylamide electrophoresis
- Preparation of solutions, organization and monitoring of consumables and lab ware, clean/sterilize glassware
- Scheduling and taking care of machine maintenance and instrument calibrations
- Lab maintenance and inventory
- Produce and analyze data including proper documentation
This will make you a perfect fit for our team:
- At least MSc or equivalent with background in molecular biology, biotechnology, enzymology, chemical biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Several years of hands-on experience in standard methods in protein purification and analysis (incl. SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, and Chromatography methods, etc.)
- A hands-on experience in working with ÄKTA systems and ability to troubleshoot expression and purification issues is helpful.
- Experience in developing biochemical assays (e.g.: assessing enzymatic activity and kinetics)
- Previous experience as a lab technician, preferably in an industry setting
- Immaculate and thorough laboratory work documentation skills
- Data handling (data production, storage, archiving)
- Fluent use of Microsoft Excel/Power Point/Word etc.
- Prior experience with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and experience with electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) keeping
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Self-driven and organised team-worker
- Fast problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise and the adaptability to change
- Good communication skills
- Able to work confidently and reliably both unsupervised as well as part of a team
Additional plus could be:
- Lab management – lab maintenance experience
- Experience with working under ISO and GMP– controlled conditions
- Practical experience with automated liquid handling robots
- Procurement (ordering and management of resources stock maintenance)
- Knowledge of the German language
What you can expect if you join our team:
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
- Opportunity to crucially contribute to the translation of Ribbon’s product towards market entry and operational scale-up within a young, agile and motivated team
- International environment (our current team is of more than 15 nationalities)
- Flexible working hours
- Support for professional development training and German lessons
- Relocation support if necessary
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to live in the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked as the city with the highest quality of life in the world
- Coffee, tea and snacks in the office
By Austrian law, we are obliged to specify the minimum salary level by a collective agreement, which is Euro 33.000, – to EUR 35.000, – gross per year. However, we offer a higher salary adjusted to your experience and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time (40 h per week).
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in our HQ, 1110 Vienna.
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please use the application form below. Besides your CV, please provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, and a list of three references. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws. To keep the gender balance in the Company, we highly encourage women to apply.
Ribbon Biolabs takes data protection seriously. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize Ribbon Biolabs to store your personal data in its database for the purpose of recruiting process or/and possible future job vacancies. If you want your data to be deleted from our database, you simply need to inform our hiring manager. Ribbon Biolabs will not share your personal data with any other party without your consent.